Conduct OPERATIONAL research to change the economic and social development of vulnerable communities in developed and developing settings. Provide APPLIED innovations and viable technologies for end users to face today’s challenges in food insecurity. Empower agro-industries with innovative technologies to sustain their economic growth.
Sustainable Food Systems and Food Security: While the world is looking to feed 10 billion people by 2050 without compromising the environment, Dr. Cortbaoui is interested in providing solutions to alleviate Global Food Insecurity and contributing to “a world free of hunger” through sustainable food management strategies and programs.
Food Wastage Management: Preventing food wastage requires innovations in measuring the extent of these wastes/losses. Dr. Cortbaoui studies the application of reliable methodologies to effectively quantify food quality and quantity wastage.
Food Quality Management: Food quality management is composed of food quality and management components. Through effective food quality management, Dr. Cortbaoui studies different practices to increase food availability and therefore, alleviating food insecurity along value chain segments.
Postharvest Technology: Improved technologies in postharvest lead to conservation of the food quality and quantity. Therefore, Dr. Cortbaoui conducts research on postharvest technologies during food handling and processing to extend the shelf life and to maintain high quality and quantity of food.
Agricultural Resource-use Efficiency: Current modes of food production exerts enormous strain on natural resources such as water, land and fossil fuels, which are limited, scarce and irreplaceable. In this respect, Dr. Cortbaoui studies new practices and technologies for soil, energy and water conservation to secure sustainable food systems for many decades to come.
Deliver ONLINE courses for generations of “future-ready” experts. Integrate leadership training through the development of new courses focused on equipping trainees with much greater applied and practical solutions to the issues of Agriculture and Food Security.
List of intensive courses (30hrs each):
- Current challenges in global food security
- Food loss and waste reduction
- Fundamentals of sustainable food systems
- Post-harvest quality management
- Project management in global food security
- Nutrition-sensitive agriculture
- Field data collection in global food security
- Global food security policy briefing
Offer a wide range of mentorship and training on various topics related to agriculture and food security. Particular focus on short term projects and activities which require special technical support.
Coaching activities include but not limited to:
- Pre and post-production handling practices of food commodities
- Climate change mitigation strategies
- Field survey development and training of interviewees
- Proposals and publications development
Over 90% of our global food is produced by smallholder farmers. Youth migration presents one of the most pressing issue for agriculture and food security. For this, our incubation programmes are designed to provide young generations with robust skill and entrepreneurship development in agriculture and allied sectors.
Our programmes have two main objectives:
- Equip vulnerable communities with skills, trainings and innovative technologies
- Build capacity and educate farmers and youth on agricultural and entrepreneurial practices
Project management in many sectors might take a linear approach, but project management in global food security is way more complex. We offer effective management of your projects to guaranty successful outcomes and change lives of the most vulnerable.
List of management modules:
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Stakeholder Management
We excel in the use of technology for information dissemination and knowledge transfer. Our oral communication skills are exemplary, for this, we are regular speaker at national and international conferences.
List of conferencing services:
- Workshops and writeshops facilitation
- Panel and keynote presentation
- Lecture and seminar presentation
- Webcast and webinar facilitation
- Radio and live streaming interview